What are human rights?
Human rights are basic rights that everyone is entitled to. These right cannot be taken away based on someones gender, religion, race or political views. Human rights are what keep us safe in our communities. They keep people from harming us and protect us from discrimination. In theory everyone should have the same humans right. However, in practice not everyone has the same rights and protections as other people.
Please consider these questions and then watch the video below.
- Where do we get our rights?
- Does everyone have the same rights as I do?
- Have people always had basic human rights?
- What are some rights that people should have but they don't?
- What protects your basic human rights?
After taking some time to think about these questions watch this brief video human rights.
Video created by: https://ed.ted.com/
Did your answers change after watching the video?